Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
twowheels

US
96 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Minolta's"

twowheels Silver Member Nikonian since 22nd Apr 2007
Sat 24-Dec-11 04:04 AM

My first was also a Minolta SRT-101 that I purchased new in Japan in 1968 and it still works fine. I had the lightmeter adjusted so I could use todays available batteries. Also had the camera cleaned.

In the 80's I was the photographer for a local chapter of IPMS and shot lots of pics using that Minolta. Didn't have a light meter so I would turn on my two "heat" lamps and take a reading using the in camera meter right next to the plastic model. Then back to the tripod, do the settings, and shoot. The photogs came out quit good. One series of shots I did was of a 1/12th scale Suzuki Katana by Tamiya that I had built. I shot slides and sent them to Fine Scale Modeler and they were published. Great film camera.

I started buying Nikon after purchasing a Coolpix 990, my first digital, and seeing the quality of that camera; it sold me on Nikon. I also have been infected since then with NAS!

Have fun with the camera.

A general, generic topic Minolta's [View all] , ArthurNikonF , Sun 04-Dec-11 11:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Minolta's