Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Replytoken

Seattle, US
1227 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Ballhead advice"

Replytoken Registered since 08th Mar 2008
Wed 23-Jan-13 03:43 PM

Ernesto,

While I do not want to dwell on similar experiences that I had with RRS customer service when I was ordering some plates over a year ago, I do think that customer service is an important component when deciding on what equipment to purchase. On that note, I had reasonably good service and support from Markins when I purchased a ballhead, and had exceptional service from Wimberley when purchasing a Sidekick. Mike at Wimberley was so great to work with, and was very helpful when I had specific questions about using their Sidekick with a specific body/lens combination. Its not that I would not buy something from RRS in the future, as many of their products are well made, but I would certainly look first to those other quality manufacturing companies that offer good customer service. I have not purchased anything from Feisol, but I hear they also have good customer service, at least from their US distributor.

--Ken

A topic tagged as having a question Ballhead advice [View all] , danmacinSD , Fri 18-Jan-13 04:24 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Ballhead advice