Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Carmen Tulum

Toronto, CA
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Monopod?"

Carmen Tulum Registered since 09th Nov 2012
Mon 14-Jan-13 12:06 PM

Any opinions about the efficiency of a monopod ? (I've never had one). I just don't like a tripod and I have seen the benefits for the D800 + 2.8 24-70 lens on a tripod (I do close- up, landscapes, travel, HDR, nature, general with a tripod). How efficient would a monopod be, for example taking a close up at say 1/8 sec? Or 1 sec? Or more?

My problem with the tripod (probably a universal one) , is the weight (when traveling for example) and the time it takes to unhook the 9 clips to extend it and put it back again, its in the way of other people in busy area's, and especially that its hard to get into the exact & precise position that I would have without a tripod. Also for example, for situations where I would hold the camera very low to get the picture. (the name of my present tripod is SLIK AMT, if that means anything to anyone). In the past I traveled with my D80 and it was sufficient to rest it against a pillar, in low light, but I've seen the difference a tripod can make with the D800...

A general, generic topic Monopod? [View all] , Carmen Tulum , Mon 14-Jan-13 11:06 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Monopod?