Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Help with Markins vs. RRS ballhead to use with RRS plat...

nrothschild

US
10916 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Help with Markins vs. RRS ballhead to use with RRS plates"

nrothschild Neil is an expert in several areas, including camera support Registered since 25th Jul 2004
Mon 03-Dec-12 02:23 AM

Hi Susana,

>> Some of the info I've read here appear to be older and makes refernce to loctite if I want to marry two different manufacturers?

Markins heads have a threaded 3/8" stem, upon which the clamp of choice is screwed in. If you buy a Markins head with clamp, then the factory will use a thread locker to prevent the clamp from untwisting.

If you add your own clamp to an "NQS" version (head without clamp) then you should also use thread locker for the same reason.

RRS heads use a second smaller screw, with a keyed stem, to keep the clamp from untwisting.

>> If I order the RRS BH-40LR, this would already incl the plate

As mentioned previously, either head will screw directly to the platform of any tripoid with a 3/8" threaded head stud. This includes most Gitzo tripods.

The M10 would be a good choice for a Series 2.

my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Help with Markins vs. RRS ballhead to use with RRS plat... [View all] , ImageWithin , Sun 02-Dec-12 07:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Help with Markins vs. RRS ballhead to use with RRS ...