Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Base plate for Gitzo GT3541

J_Harris

US
781 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Base plate for Gitzo GT3541"

J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Tue 27-Nov-12 09:18 PM | edited Tue 27-Nov-12 09:47 PM by J_Harris

Hi Deb,

Welcome to Nikonians.

I would contact the Nikonian Pro shop and ask about TB-30 compatibility with your Mountaineer GT3541. It should be compatable, as far as I know there has not been any changes to the Mountaineer GT3541 since it was introduced. The Systematic series was updated for 2012, but not the Mountaineer series.

The GT3541 description at the Pro shop may be a little out of date, I believe when they say GT3541 "new" features they are comparing the GT3541 to the older (discontinued) GT3540.

If you are not going to use the center column, why not return the Mountaineer and get the the Systematic model that doesn't have a center column? An optional center column can be purchased separately later if you decide you need one.

If you are interested in the changes Gitzo made to the 2012 Systematic series click on the link below - it goes to the Gitzo website. Scroll to the bottom of the webpage for pictures of the changes that they describe at the top of the webpage.

http://www.gitzo.us/news+%26+events/news/Gitzo+Introduces+the+New+Systematic+Tripod+Range/20770446

Jerry

Edited to add: You should fill-in your "equipment" profile. It is useful to members if assistance is asked for.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Base plate for Gitzo GT3541 [View all] , gdebjit , Mon 26-Nov-12 11:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Base plate for Gitzo GT3541