Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
luckyphoto

Port Charlotte, US
1055 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: MeFoto A1350"

luckyphoto Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Dec 2010
Sun 25-Nov-12 12:27 PM

I'm definitely not a tripod expert, but one thing I would look for is the stability of the camera and telephoto lenses when shooting in the portrait orientation.

If you shoot using telephoto lenses, droop and jiggle can be very frustrating. They are also indicate that the tripod is vibration sensitive, which can affect sharpness on long shots.

I had a another tripod that was great when the camera was on top of the ball head (landscape mode), but a pain when I oriented the camera on its side for portrait shots. Due to the weight of the D7000 and 70-200mm f2.8, I constantly had to re-adjust and re-tighten to lock and correctly frame the shot. Sometimes I actually had to support the lens with my hand to raise it up to get the shot I wanted.

Test it in the portrait mode with the your camera and longest lens to make sure the camera doesn't jiggle or droop excessively.

Larry

"Red is gray and yellow white, but we decide which is right
....and which is an illusion"

Moody Blues - Nights in White Satin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic MeFoto A1350 [View all] , mdallie Silver Member , Fri 23-Nov-12 11:30 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: MeFoto A1350