Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need tripod leg advice

Springdiver

US
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need tripod leg advice"

Springdiver Registered since 05th Nov 2012
Tue 13-Nov-12 03:18 AM

Hi Steve-

I just went through the purchase process and opted for Gitzo's Series 5 5532 legs and a RRS BH-55 head. I'm shooting a D3x and D800E; primarily landscapes. I've got the 400/2.8 on my wish list so went with the Series 5 instead of the 3. Plus I won't be doing a lot of hiking as much of the work I plan on doing will be in places accessed from a boat or relatively short hikes so the weight of the legs isn't a big issue for me. Legs came from B&H (no Florida tax) and the head from RRS. I also got the L plates from RRS. Markins looks very good but I just leaned towards RRS and I'll pick up one of their macro rail systems sooner or later (though I think it would work with any Arca Swiss type system). Anyway, all I needed were the legs, head, and L plate. Good luck with your final choice!

Wendy

http://www.wendythurman.com

A general, generic topic Need tripod leg advice [View all] , slevine , Tue 06-Nov-12 09:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need tripod leg advice