Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting

dwight200

Stow, MA, US
309 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting"

dwight200 Registered since 30th Jan 2007
Sun 04-Nov-12 09:54 PM | edited Sun 04-Nov-12 09:55 PM by dwight200

I mounted and unmounted my D3 from my tripod many times but it was definitely a pain to do so and get it aligned. So I got a Kirk (Swiss-Arca) L-bracket for the D3. It was great. You can mount the camera in landscape or portrait orientation easily. I left it on the camera all the time and did not find it to be in the way. I probably use the tripod less than 10% of the time (probably less than I should).

When I got my D4 I ordered an L-bracket for it right away. I also got some Swiss-Arca plates a while back for the brackets on my long lenses so I can mount them to the tripod. I borrowed one and put it on my D4 until the L-bracket arrives.

Yes, they're a bit pricey, but so was the D4 (and the lenses and the new cards and the upgraded software to read the RAW files). It's all part of the cost of the system as a whole.

Dwight
http://small-farm.org

A general, generic topic Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting [View all] , slevine , Sun 04-Nov-12 01:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting