Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting

slevine

US
50 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting"

slevine Registered since 04th Nov 2012
Sun 04-Nov-12 02:01 AM | edited Sun 04-Nov-12 02:10 AM by slevine

Hey all,

I just discovered this fantastic forum, and this is my first post here, so be gentle.

By way of intro, I'm an amateur...I guess perhaps a semi-pro photo enthusiast from the Boston area....

I've recently upgraded to my yummy D4, and though there are still a zillion things on it I haven't figured out yet, I'm certainly loving it so far.

My D700 bears the scars on it's bottom from the tripod mounting plate, and I don't want to have the same thing happen to the D4. I'm wondering if anyone might know of a protective plate that I can install on the base so that when I do mount it I don't cause any marks at all. Any tips would be most welcome.

Regards,

Steve

PS.... here's a link to one of my galleries if you want to see the type of things I like to shoot. http://stevelevine.smugmug.com

A general, generic topic Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting [View all] , slevine , Sun 04-Nov-12 01:01 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for a protective plate for tripod mounting