Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need new cheap tripod

AndyMac

Odessa, US
3652 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Need new cheap tripod"

AndyMac Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2003
Mon 12-Nov-12 03:41 PM

Oh come on. It doesn't look precariously perched at all!

I have confirmed that once the brass reducer is removed it's a standard 3/8" thread. I've got it mounted to the TB-20.

Does it make any difference that this thing can take advantage of mirror lockup? It has settings to activate the mirror lockup and allows you to configure how long between mirror up and the shutter being activated.

I guess the only way to know is going to be to try it out. The shoot I am planning is going to be at night. Last year I did a quick and dirty 12 frame pano from the balcony we were on (http://tinyurl.com/bkbs8s3). Exposure was 3s/f8, ISO 200. I will probably bump ISO up to reduce exposure time (mainly to reduce total panorama time) as I am planning between 100-150 photos.

I could try to pick another nighttime spot and try shooting it with the current setup (D3 with 70-200@200mm on Gigapan Epic Pro on top of TB20 mounted on GT2530) and see what I get.

I've got a month before the Dec 9 shoot so there's time.

A general, generic topic Need new cheap tripod [View all] , AndyMac Silver Member , Thu 01-Nov-12 11:00 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need new cheap tripod