Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need new cheap tripod

Chris Platt

Newburg, US
481 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Need new cheap tripod"

Chris Platt Silver Member Nikonian since 30th Sep 2012
Thu 01-Nov-12 08:25 PM

Interesting - as I was reading your post I was thinking of a Berlebach. I have a 3032 which I like very much and it might work for your purpose. Neil's caution about the weight is important though - especially with wood. Although wood has a good reputation for vibration damping, it can also be very springy. If you overload the Berlebach, it will be particularly sensitive to torsional vibration/movement and it won't want to stop. Though it's rated for 26 lbs, I found it unacceptable above 16 lbs. Since you're taking panos with a fairly heavy rig that will iteratively pan and stop you may be pushing beyond it's limits. If weight is not an issue, something like the Uni 12 is probably a better bet and still less than carbon, but you would likely have to order it directly from Berlebach.

Visit my gallery.

A general, generic topic Need new cheap tripod [View all] , AndyMac Silver Member , Thu 01-Nov-12 11:00 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Need new cheap tripod