Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
parallaxphotos

US
43 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Zipshot"

parallaxphotos Registered since 07th May 2012
Thu 25-Oct-12 02:15 PM

I hadn't thought about that, that most of the market for light tripods were more for tabletop

My general intended use was on backpacking trips, something that would be reasonably light and not take 5 minutes to setup/takedown (I usually hike with camera on chest, so as not to slow down my buddies any more than I already do.

I know, I know, there is a word for this application and it is called a monopod. However, a lot of my shooting in these situations is HDR, so a tripod is important.

Mostly, I was looking for something relatively inexpensive, quick, light, and would offer enough stability that i could keep my camera on it, set a timer, and have it fire off 5 shots (curse you firmware for limiting me to 1 EV steps!) with me standing a breath away from the camera.

I have read enough to know this isn't it, but I still wish it was!

A general, generic topic Zipshot [View all] , parallaxphotos , Tue 23-Oct-12 09:49 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Zipshot