Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Strong pistol grip tripod head?..

AndyMac

Odessa, US
3652 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Strong pistol grip tripod head?.."

AndyMac Silver Member Nikonian since 08th Dec 2003
Thu 01-Nov-12 02:26 PM

Is there some reason you are looking at the pistol grip heads? I had one years ago but like you I found that it was not capable of supporting any real weight.

A quick browse of B&H showed 10 pistol grip heads and the max capacity I found was 15.4 pounds.

I bought a Markins M10 head (now the Q10) in 2006 and have never looked back. It's more capable than the pistol grip (100lbs vs 13lbs) and easier to use. It's also smaller.

It is almost three times more expensive but once you use one of these ball heads you will wonder how you ever got by without it.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Strong pistol grip tripod head?.. [View all] , bdphotos Silver Member , Sat 20-Oct-12 02:17 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Strong pistol grip tripod head?..