Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo

jacsr

Texas City, US
928 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo"

jacsr Registered since 09th Apr 2006
Sat 13-Oct-12 05:42 PM

Jeff,

I am with Ned, maybe we should step back even further and evaluate the overall requirements. Initially you gave a specific set of requirements that pointed to a “traveler” type tripod or those non-traveler pods that were close to the same specifications. The last post now moves to a longer, heavier standard tripod.

Are you wanting a pod designated as a traveler or a tripod that would travel well when required? If the latter, then it would open up a larger base of tripods to choose from. I use a Gitzo 3541LS as my travel/general use tripod. Others use Mountaineers with the Markins tripod base (remove center column) or they use a systematic with the new replacement hub, which reduces the overall bulk of a systematic tripod to a size comparable to the mountaineer allowing for easier transport. Will this be your only tripod or are you seeking a solution for travel only?

It will also depend on how you want to transport the pod, either in checked luggage as I do, or in a carry on.

I am sure you have noticed that as you explore additional models the cost also changes.

Joe

This is a hot, active topic! Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo [View all] , Landis Silver Member , Thu 11-Oct-12 01:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo