Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo

Landis

Camarillo, US
38 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo"

Landis Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Jul 2009
Sat 13-Oct-12 03:45 PM

Thank you! All great comments! I have learned so much through this process. I now realize that a Series 1 is probably out of my search. I do want stability and with other options in the series 2 range I see that there are comps that are almost just as light and packable. So, yes the Feisol is still on the table. And I am still looking into the Gitzo 2542T in the meantime.

I did come across a Gitzo 2542L. Does anyone know what the difference between the "T" and "L" are in Gitzo lineup?

http://www.amazon.com/Gitzo-GT2542L-Series-Carbon-4-Section/dp/B001F0RO08/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1350142308&sr=8-1&keywords=gitzo+2542

The "L" version is $75 more than the Series 1 pod I was looking at. I can stretch that. So is the link above a contender in this search?

Jeff Landis
http://LandisPhoto.com

This is a hot, active topic! Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo [View all] , Landis Silver Member , Thu 11-Oct-12 01:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo