Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo

jacsr

Texas City, US
928 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo"

jacsr Registered since 09th Apr 2006
Thu 11-Oct-12 08:19 PM | edited Thu 11-Oct-12 08:36 PM by jacsr

Jeff,

I would recommend going with the Feisol line. The model you list is their top of the line Series 2 (28mm) tripod, the Gitzo 1542T is a Series 1 (24mm) and I am not sure if the 2542T is available. I could not find it listed at B&H or Adorama. The only potential obstacle to the portability you seek with the Feisol 3442 is the diameter of the top plate. The top plate is a little large thus adding some bulk. It is not too bad but something you may want to consider. You may also want to consider the Feisol 3441T. The top plate is smaller, folded length and weight are nearly identical. The 3441T with RAL is only $15 more than the 3442. You can compare the specs here. I have used a Feisol Tripod and monopod for many years and they are an excellent pod. This will give you a Series 2 tripod that you could use for general shooting as well as travel. The Feisol 28mm tripods will handle the camera and lenses up to 200mm.

I have never used the Manfrotto head so I cannot comment on if it will be adequate for that setup. Hopefully someone using the head will comment. When the time comes I would recommend a Markins Q10, it would be an excellent match to the pod.

Joe

This is a hot, active topic! Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo [View all] , Landis Silver Member , Thu 11-Oct-12 01:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo