Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo

benveniste

Boston Area, US
10293 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo"

benveniste Moderator Awarded for is high level skills in various areas, including Macro and Landscape Photography Donor Ribbon. Awarded for his generous suppport to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2002
Thu 11-Oct-12 05:41 PM

Any Travel Tripod is going to be a compromise, but I think the size and weight limits you've placed put you in the Series 1 class (24-25mm leg diameter) of tripod rather the series 2 (28mm leg diameter).

I have a Benro C1182T tripod which I use with a Markins Q3 head. It's a nice piece of kit, but I don't think it's really up to the task of supporting a D800 and 70-200mm VR, since I found it was marginal for a D800 and 70-300mm VR. The next step up in that line, the C2182T, is both a little heavier (2.9 lbs) and a bit longer (20") than what you are looking for. If you are okay with a 5-section tripod instead of a 4-section model, you can gain back some length at the cost of weight and (in my opinion) stability.

One of the biggest mistakes a photographer can make is to look at the real world and cling to the vain hope that next time his film will somehow bear a closer resemblance to it. - Galen Rowell

This is a hot, active topic! Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo [View all] , Landis Silver Member , Thu 11-Oct-12 01:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo