Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo

Landis

Camarillo, US
38 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo"

Landis Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Jul 2009
Thu 11-Oct-12 03:38 PM | edited Thu 11-Oct-12 03:43 PM by Landis

I have been through many posts on here regarding this topic. Some seem outdated to the models that might be available today, so recapping on some info. I am sure many of you have experience in experience with these models and what is available and best for purchase today.

Looking for CF, 2 to 2.5lbs, less than 19 in. closed (reversible or not, doesn't matter to me), weight capacity for D800 and lens (24-70 and 70-200 as main lenses), I am 5'8" so center column or not would prob not matter, and price, the tripods I am looking at are between $400-550 current price so spending 150 more for the better choice is not an issue. I currently own a Manfrotto 055 but that is way to big to travel/backpack with. I was going to go with a Manfrotto 190xPROB but realize that this is a little too heavy and long for my taste.

So models:
-Feisol 3442
-Gitzo 1542T
-Gitzo 2542T (I have read about this, but do not know its availability. Don't know if it is a new model or old, cannot seem to find it for purchase.
-Any other suggestions?

Please comment!

Heads-I own a Manfrotto 488CR2. This may work for the time being but realize when I get some more cash that I need to upgrade. So recs on a head to match the Tri that comes out on top would also be good!

Jeff Landis
http://LandisPhoto.com

This is a hot, active topic! Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo [View all] , Landis Silver Member , Thu 11-Oct-12 01:38 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Travel Tripod CF - Feisol/Gitzo