Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Clamping systems compatibility

kjrslr

Eagan, US
809 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Clamping systems compatibility"

kjrslr Registered since 19th Jul 2003
Fri 31-Aug-12 01:52 AM

RRS is popular because it's a damn fine product(a system approach), that has been around for a few years and has a very good track record. They may be a bit pricey, but their choice of materials, machining and over all build quality is hard to beat. I really think they're the bar by which the others are judged.
A few years back, after I had used some of the clamping options at the time and didn't like most of them, primarily Manfrotto(due to their bulk). I looked into Kirk and liked the collar for the Nikkor 300 f/4 AFS. Then I got to see some RRS clamps & plates and made the decision to stick with one system and chose RRS.

The destination is our goal but it’s the journey that educates us.
KeithR

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Clamping systems compatibility [View all] , Dallaspilot Gold Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Thu 30-Aug-12 04:28 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Clamping systems compatibility
Reply message Thank you for the information
Reply message My reply re: Clamping systems compatibility