Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Gitzo 3540LS tripod repair parts

ericbowles

Atlanta, US
10633 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Gitzo 3540LS tripod repair parts"

ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Nikonian since 25th Nov 2005
Mon 13-Aug-12 05:44 PM | edited Mon 13-Aug-12 08:54 PM by ericbowles

Thanks, Dinil

I went ahead and ordered the part through GitzoSpares.com . I was trying to find a US source, but GitzoSpares (UK based) was price competitive and shipping was reasonable. I took expedited shipping rather than free shipping to get it faster.

Kind of irritating to have to buy the full upper leg section since it cost $151.00 including shipping. I'd love to find a broken 3540/3541 or even a 3530 to use for parts. I have two 3540LS tripods.

For the record, I contacted all the following companies and went to my personal contact:

Bogen/Manfrotto - Gitzo distributor in the US
Adorama
B&H
KEH
Berger Brothers
Hunt's
LensRentals.com
eBay

All of them were helpful - but none of them stocked parts or retained popular broken tripods. Several offered to contact their rep for assistance. And Bogen Manfrotto was out of stock on the part with a 2 month backorder - and I know someone who has been waiting 2 months on a similar part.

Helen Oster at Adorama was the most helpful. Her rep explained that the factory in Italy is closed for Holiday until the end of August. After that time, order normally take 4 weeks. That puts me at the end of September best case. So I definitely need a plan B.

Eric Bowles
Nikonians Team
My Gallery
Workshops

Nikonians membership — my most important photographic investment, after the camera

A general, generic topic Gitzo 3540LS tripod repair parts [View all] , ericbowles Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge and high level skills in various areas, especially Landscape and Wildlife Photoghraphy Writer Ribbon awarded for for his article contributions to the community Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 , Thu 09-Aug-12 05:43 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Gitzo 3540LS tripod repair parts