Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Right tripod and gimbal head for a 500mm f/4 lens

jacsr

Texas City, US
928 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Right tripod and gimbal head for a 500mm f/4 lens"

jacsr Registered since 09th Apr 2006
Wed 08-Aug-12 02:57 AM

I use a GT5542LS and the Jobu BWG-PRO with my 500/4 AF-S II. It was suggested that at a minimum you could use a 3 series. Since your lens has VR that may be a sound recommendation since VR would be the great equalizer when it comes to vibration reduction.

I have a GT3541LS and have tested it against the 5 series. The 5 series outperforms the 3 series significantly. I have placed a spreadsheet with the results, you can download it from here. Remember your lens has VR and mine does not so you may obtain good results with a series 3 and VR where I get the best out of my non VR lens with a series 5.

Joe

A general, generic topic Right tripod and gimbal head for a 500mm f/4 lens [View all] , paracelsus Silver Member , Tue 07-Aug-12 10:18 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Right tripod and gimbal head for a 500mm f/4 lens