Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for a Monopod for shooting youth sports

PerroneFord

Tallahassee, US
2817 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Looking for a Monopod for shooting youth sports"

PerroneFord Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Apr 2011
Thu 09-Aug-12 05:01 PM

You have gotten some very good recommendations here. But you didn't really indicate a budget so I am going to toss this out there...

I have used several monopods, including the recommended Bogen unit. They were fine. But last year I decided to move to a Carbon Fiber unit for numerous reasons.

I ended up with the Induro CM-34. I have used that monopod with up to my D3s and 600/F4 and it's as solid as a rock. At around $150, it's a terrific bargain too.

I am going to recommend you avoid quick release anything. Believe me, its a GREAT comfort when you've got a $10k piece of glass and a $5k body on top of a stick and you KNOW the only way that's coming off is if you screw it off. The very idea of a quick release with that kind of weight and expense makes me VERY nervous.

------
Webpage: http://www.ptfphoto.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Looking for a Monopod for shooting youth sports [View all] , torwood Silver Member , Mon 06-Aug-12 12:24 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for a Monopod for shooting youth sports