Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommendations, please

Vlad_IT

US
1353 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tripod Ballheads. "

Vlad_IT Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Sep 2011
Fri 17-Aug-12 05:50 AM | edited Fri 17-Aug-12 02:59 PM by Vlad_IT

Wally,

can I ask you a rhetorical question? What make is your car? How many manufacturers you changed in your driver's life? Same thing with the ballheads, I guess.

I'm sure something new and better is being manufactured "right at this moment", but I'm not gambling with my money - whatever works for many experienced photographers should (at list hypothetically) work for me. So far this approach works wonderfully for me. I have only 3 items that I bough brand new - D7000 body, Gitzo monopod and Sigma 50-500 lens. EVERYTHING else, including 6 high-end nikon lenses, 2 markins ballhead, gitzo tripod (and more) I bough used, knowing it will work jus as good as i would buy it brand new, and I might resell that equipment later, recovering most of my money. And the only reason I can do that - because years and years of available knowledge (history if you wish) of usage. Will I resell a photoclamp item at the same price I bought it if it would be out of warranty? I don't know, but my guess would be "NO".

Best regards,
Vlad

A general, generic topic Recommendations, please [View all] , LMagee Silver Member , Sun 05-Aug-12 08:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Recommendations, please
     Reply message B&H Experience
          Reply message RE: B&H Experience
               Reply message RE: B&H Experience
                    Reply message RE: Tripod Ballheads.