Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommendations, please

wkilburg

Yorkville, US
93 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Tripod Ballheads. "

wkilburg Registered since 03rd Apr 2011
Thu 16-Aug-12 01:22 PM

I did probably come off a bit harsh, I guess. I know there are pros on this forum, but its largely made up of enthusiasts - very serious and dedicated individuals that seem to take the word of anyone as gospel. I read and have studied photographers not on this forum that are world class and would not take everything they say as gospel. It might work for them, but certainly not for everyone. I've just never seen such blind loyalty in anything I have undertaken. Its good I guess, or not depending on your view.

I guess a horse and buggy are great transportation if you have never seen a car

I think Markins are okay but a bit pricey for what you get and where its made. Photo Clam is another Korean company which produces a Markins copy (that many have switched to claiming its more updated and better made) and its way cheaper. Margins have to be huge with this product which is why I wondered about "owning stock in the company".

I just bought a new brand, actually just to try it being somewhat curious. Its another knockoff too, I guess they all are in a way, but the original price was simply way too high. I managed to get it much much cheaper so I decided to try it. I'm sort of wondering if the premium prices are just trumped up or if there is something behind them. I aim to find out. I may find a diamond in the rough, or may going with one of the other good brands. The one thing I have seen is none of them are perfect.

-----------------
Wally

A general, generic topic Recommendations, please [View all] , LMagee Silver Member , Sun 05-Aug-12 08:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Recommendations, please
     Reply message B&H Experience
          Reply message RE: B&H Experience
               Reply message RE: B&H Experience
                    Reply message RE: Tripod Ballheads.