Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Recommendations, please

MS Photog

Carthage, US
53 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"B&H Experience"

MS Photog Silver Member Nikonian since 29th Nov 2011
Tue 14-Aug-12 03:06 PM | edited Tue 14-Aug-12 03:07 PM by MS Photog

I also think they are a good store. However, like all businesses they are trying to maximize their profits. I have noticed that anytime you search for anything in camera support Oben always comes up first. I suspect B&H makes more profit on this line so they push it.

I researched ball heads for about a year before I bought. I could not afford a Markins (which is no doubt the best for the money). After looking at many heads in walk-in camera stores and looking at friends' equipment I bought a Sirui K40X. I think this the best brand out there in the $100-$170 range. Get the Markins if you can afford it but look at the Sirui (pronounced Sue-Ray) if you can't afford the Markins.

Marlin

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Recommendations, please [View all] , LMagee Silver Member , Sun 05-Aug-12 08:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Recommendations, please
     Reply message B&H Experience
          Reply message RE: B&H Experience
               Reply message RE: B&H Experience
                    Reply message RE: Tripod Ballheads.