Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Locking camera in place on my ball head

prophotoman

Oakdale, US
253 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Locking camera in place on my ball head"

prophotoman Registered since 27th Jun 2009
Fri 10-Aug-12 12:11 AM | edited Sat 11-Aug-12 12:07 AM by prophotoman

I changed my mind about the clamp on the Q20 ball head. I had ordered the lever type clamp... decided to change to the knob type thus avoiding thte issue about having to adjust the clamp for some plates and brackets I will use. I placed my order with the Pro Shop here on the Nikonians web site. I sent them an e-mail with my request this morniing.... got an answer back assiuring me that it would be changed. This made me VERY happy! I will be ordering from the Pro Shop again!! The way I look at it, since the price is the same most of the time... and one of the plates I ordered is actually cheaper than B&H photo. I only wish the Pro Shop could deliver our orders more quickly. I won't see an order I placed today for at least 10 days before my monopod head will be delivered

Today I've ordered a new monopod head and camera bracket for my D700, both made by Kirk from the Pro Shop here. Not in any rush to get them as long as I have them before the Labor Day weekend. Heading down to San Diego for a date with my daughter to take her to San Diego Street Scenes which is an outdoor concert in the downtown streets of the Gaslamp District. But I don't think I'll take photos at the concert! They would take one look at my camera with my new 150-500mm zoom, SB900 flash and monopod and turn me away probably thinking I would bootleg the photos!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as in need of help Locking camera in place on my ball head [View all] , prophotoman , Sun 05-Aug-12 05:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Locking camera in place on my ball head