Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Locking camera in place on my ball head

wkilburg

Yorkville, US
93 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Locking camera in place on my ball head"

wkilburg Registered since 03rd Apr 2011
Mon 06-Aug-12 12:55 PM

I use a Giottos ballhead on my Manfrotto tripod and have seen some issues of creep lately too. I try to not be a ball head snob but clearly there are some out there that are much better. I'm right on the verge of ordering a new tripod and ball head and narrowed my selection to Acra-Swiss' Z1 QR lever and the Acratech GP. I'm going with the GP I think. I like being bale to reverse the mount to use it as a leveling base and it's gimbal function not to mention it just looks plan sexy to me - and it gets good reviews. The QR lever also has an adjustment to take up or allow for differing sized plates.

I will mention that when I went with Arca-Swiss camera and lens plates I did need to change the Giottos clamp on my ball head. I wound up with a Sunwayfoto Duo Lever clamp mostly cause it was the only version that I could find that fit the ball head. At a price I liked. It's a fantastic clamp. Sunwayfoto sells ball heads and I gave their XB-52DL unit serious consideration. But price wise it was only a bit cheaper than the Acratech GP and I have decided to stick with the GP.

Good luck with the purchase. Any of the ball heads mentioned will work well for you.

-----------------
Wally

A topic tagged as in need of help Locking camera in place on my ball head [View all] , prophotoman , Sun 05-Aug-12 05:14 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Locking camera in place on my ball head