Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Choosing between two monopods

Clint S

Chula Vista, US
460 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Choosing between two monopods"

Clint S Silver Member Nikonian since 02nd Jan 2011
Sun 12-Aug-12 12:39 AM

If you have not bought one yet, I would not buy either of those combos. Each of them come with their own proprietary quick release clamp and plate. In the future if you decide to put your camera on a tripod then you will have to find and buy the same proprietary quick release clamp and maybe more plates for lenses or start with something different.

An alternative is buy the Manfrotto 679B 3 Section Monopod with 234 Swivel/Tilt Head combo or the Oben monopod without a head and then buy the 234 Swivel/Tilt Head to go on it. Oben is backed by B&H which is a trusted photography company with a 30 return policy.

When and if you decide you need to or can afford to, you want an Arca-style compatible clamp to mount on the 234 head and an Arca compatible plate to mount on your camera. Giottos make inexpensive compatibles. Top of the line are Really Right Stuff, Arca-Swiss, Kirk, Acratech, and Markins to name a few. As your needs grow you can faily easily by more plates and clamps that are compatible.

Visit my Nikonians gallery - my Spare Time gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A topic tagged as having a question Choosing between two monopods [View all] , brooksfarm pa Silver Member , Thu 12-Jul-12 01:33 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Choosing between two monopods