Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Looking for Tripod & Head on a tight $300-350 budget

Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2948 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Looking for Tripod & Head on a tight $300-350 budget"

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Wed 11-Jul-12 02:33 AM

I've been using the Slik 700DX Pro legs for a bit over three years and I'm happy with them. They are very stable and easy to use. They have limited features (no option for spiked feet; no center hook to hang weight on for more stability, etc.), and are heavier than most people in this forum would like.

People in this forum typically recommend you spend more on legs, but I like mine, and I've seen a few other positive comments here and elsewhere about the Slik 700DX Pro legs, and no negative comments from anyone who's actually used them. If you understand their limitations up front, I think you'll be satisfied. There aren't any "hidden" negatives that I've seen, so if you like what you see at first, they'll be a stable platform for you.

I can't comment on the head you mention, because I'm not familiar with it.

Randy

A general, generic topic Looking for Tripod & Head on a tight $300-350 budget [View all] , shawnmandel Gold Member , Tue 10-Jul-12 06:40 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Looking for Tripod & Head on a tight $300-350 budge...