Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Kirk LP-45 70-200mm Replacement Foot Broken?

spiritualized67

Western PA, US
3290 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Kirk LP-45 70-200mm Replacement Foot Broken?"

spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography Nikonian since 01st Mar 2007
Fri 22-Oct-10 09:13 PM

Yes, I had no idea it was the four extremely small Philips screws on the 70-200 lens foot plate itself. I guess all the usage loosened them.

I was able to secure them a little more using a small flat jewelers screwdriver, although it wasn't a Philips head nor the ideal size and I certainly didn't want to strip the screw heads.

So I just ordered myself some camera repair-quality precision Philips screwdrivers from www.micro-tools.com in sizes 000 through #1. Should come in handy for better securing this lens plate and some of my other camera gear with those tiny micro-sized screws. And come to think of it, I had trouble opening the battery screw on my Phottix wireless remote too.

~Dan

A topic tagged as having a question Kirk LP-45 70-200mm Replacement Foot Broken? [View all] , spiritualized67 Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas, most notably in Street & Landscape Photography , Fri 22-Oct-10 12:11 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Kirk LP-45 70-200mm Replacement Foot Broken?