Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

manfrotto 390RC or 200??

jrp

San Pedro Garza GarcĂ­a, MX
38668 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: manfrotto 390RC or 200??"

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter Member
Fri 21-Sep-01 10:52 PM

My main interest is in still photography, so I personally don't like the long levers on the video heads, they are very obtrusive when carrying around. Of course if my interest would be primary video, then those are the ones to get for easy panning.
On the tripods: I do have a a 055C and it is a delight, although not so light. The 055Pro would be nice to have if you shoot macro (flowers, for example). I just acquired a 190D and it is more prone to get carried around since it is more than 1 lb lighter than the 055C. It is also shorter when folded (about 3.5"). The price you pay is that is also shorter when fully extended but for my height it is Ok and at the exact level I like for portraits (mid chest) without extending the center column which I'll rather not use so as to avoid introducing instability and vibration.
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) My profile
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A Brief Love Story

Have a great time :-)
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Mainly at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story
Please join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members who help this happen; upgrade.
Check our workshops at the Nikonians Academy and the Nikonians Photo Pro Shop

A general, generic topic manfrotto 390RC or 200?? [View all] , Nor , Fri 21-Sep-01 06:14 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: manfrotto 390RC or 200??