Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
judy_t

328 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"bogen 3036 tripod"

judy_t Basic Member
Fri 03-Aug-01 04:39 AM

i just bought this on e-bay with bogen padded carry case, carry strap & leg covers in the black version. it cost $200 for one barely used. i totalled up the new cost from b&h which would have been $320. i'm hard on my gear so wanted the accessories. essentially, i got them free with the tripod. this is the one i wanted: bogen name (they are numerous in your profiles), black, leg bracing, level, adjustable legs for uneven terrain, & ability to get down low). yeah, i know it's heavy but it will be for indoor sports, macros, informal portraits of daughter & landscape shots not too far from car. You know that famous photo of mt. shuksan? it's a take next to your car shot. so, the next ? is: which head? i'm leaning toward a ballhead. there was a limited review in recent 'outdoor photographer' magazine. i like the features of bogen 3038 & the price is right ( i've already spent too much; i have a frugal husband, but at least some of you have spouses with a countering addiction). but, i am also considering the bogen 3047 panhead. i don't know about those handles: i tend to be clumsy & i can just see me looping a strap around one & oops! i've looked at others: kaiser, giotto, others in article, but they seemed either cheap looking or cost $$$, so i think my choices are the two i mentioned. they both come with quick release so i don't have to monkey around with matching heads & QR. also, a bogen would be a good match for a bogen? what do you think? sorry to have so many ?s, but i'm getting back into this great passion that has been dormant too long. also, i've never owned a tripod & didn't realize there is so much to consider. judy, from the ever over-cast northwest

A general, generic topic bogen 3036 tripod [View all] , judy_t , Fri 03-Aug-01 02:39 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: bogen 3036 tripod