Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon Drop In 52mm Filter Holders

tomlawone

Hayden Lake, US
393 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Nikon Drop In 52mm Filter Holders"

tomlawone Silver Member Nikonian since 07th Mar 2011
Wed 10-Oct-12 10:06 PM | edited Wed 10-Oct-12 10:08 PM by tomlawone

I emailed Nikon Customer Support asking the manufacturer's number for the drop-in filter holder for my lens or in the alternative whether the holder for the VR would work in the mark II non-VR. That question overwhelmed them. I got an email saying they would have to work on that one. A week later, they replied they did not know either but gave me the model number of the drop-in polarizer. So I called. The young man could not grasp the difference between the holder and the filter. He did say that no holder was necessary as they have a screw-in filter for the front of the lens. I said that must cost a fortune and besides there is a protective filter up there anyway. This is no joke. He said they have the screw-in filter for the front of the lens in stock. I asked what it was and he said it was a 52mm NC filter. The young man will call me back. All this after an on-line chat that resulted in being told they cannot confirm either the number or whether the drop-in for the VR also fits my lens. Under the Repair forum I just posted my experience with a CLA for a 400mm f/2.8 lens at El Segundo.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Nikon Drop In 52mm Filter Holders [View all] , tomlawone Silver Member , Sat 29-Sep-12 01:28 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon Drop In 52mm Filter Holders