Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex

HBB

Phoenix, US
8773 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex"

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Donor Ribbon awarded for his very generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Charter Member
Fri 22-Mar-13 04:46 PM

Dave:

Michael has given you excellent advice.

A few years ago, I equipped a friend of mine who shoots with a fifty or sixty year old wood/brass, 8 x 10 inch view camera with a cable so he could trigger an on-camera SB800 which in turn triggered remote SB800s in soft boxes/umbrellas, in SU-4 mode. As Michael points out, Copal, and other view camera shutters are simple switch closures, and involve no voltage of any kind. This configuration worked very well.

I'm not sure where we acquired the cable, but I have used Paramount before, and they will surely be able to supply one with necessary fittings.

Regards,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

A topic tagged as having a question SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex [View all] , cdlind Silver Member , Thu 21-Mar-13 12:20 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: SB800 flash on 4x5 Graflex