Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D5100 owner with CSL question

Tangelo

US
49 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D5100 owner with CSL question"

Tangelo Registered since 24th Jan 2013
Thu 24-Jan-13 04:52 PM

Thanks so much for the help! So I was shooting professionally for a couple years, but that was about 6 years ago. I haven't touched a camera since, so I'm shaking the dust off and catching up with all the new toys on the market.

One reason I jumped back in is I bought a new house with a 930sq. ft. garage. I plan to convert it into a studio and pick up the business again. the problems with my last business was having to travel far for studio space and the costs. now that it's in my backyard, it's time to work!

Sorry for the long explanation. So back to your question, I'm looking to shoot mostly indoor, portraiture work with a lot of fine-art photography as well.

back in the day I had a SB600 and loved it! I want to build the CSL now, but yes, I';m on a budget. I like the idea of 700/600/400. I guess my only concern is the inability to use the 700 off camera. I'm forced to use it as the commander, on camera, right?

Now is there maybe a trigger out there I could buy, to run all 3 of those lights off-camera?

Thanks again for the help!

A general, generic topic D5100 owner with CSL question [View all] , Tangelo , Thu 24-Jan-13 03:00 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D5100 owner with CSL question