Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Flash or Strob....That is the Question

Ned_L

Philadelphia, US
8049 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Flash or Strob....That is the Question"

Ned_L Moderator Awarded for his in-depth knowledge in various areas, especially Travel Photography Charter Member
Sat 19-Jan-13 12:13 PM

I suspect, that exposing and lighting for the "Christmas Lights" to show up great, will have a serious negative effect on the quality of the faces of the wedding party, including the bride and groom, and guests.

By lighting the faces so they show up well, the amount of light there, and the exposure to allow it to show the faces well, will negate the lessor brightness of the "Lights."

The question is, which is more important, great images of the lights, or great images of the people? Read that bride and groom. They might want the "Lights" today, but I suspect, when the photos come in, it will be everyone's faces which will be paramount in their desires, and then it will be too late, and disappointment and upset feelings will rein supreme.

You must absolutely test to be sure this is so. If I'm right, you should go back to the couple and discuss this.

Ned
A Nikonians Team Member

-----------------------------
Visit my Travel Photography Blog and my Galleries.

A general, generic topic Flash or Strob....That is the Question [View all] , Clarktmc Gold Member , Thu 17-Jan-13 04:50 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash or Strob....That is the Question