Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

What flash for my D7000?

J_Harris

US
780 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: What flash for my D7000?"

J_Harris Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2015 Awarded for his contribution to the Nikonians Articles section Nikonian since 29th Mar 2011
Wed 26-Dec-12 03:45 PM | edited Wed 26-Dec-12 03:54 PM by J_Harris

I first bought the Nikon SB-400 for use with my D7000. It is nice and small and has the advantage of being able to "bounce" the light if the ceilings are low enough, however it will not swivel, so using in "portrait" is not very practical. The main problem with the SB-400 is it's not much more powerful than the built-in flash. I sold it after a short period of experimenting.

I now own the SB-700 and am very happy with it's performance. It tilts for "bounce" flash and even "swivels" so it can be used in "portrait" and other odd-ball situations. It is more powerful than the SB-400 and has many advanced features. It is a good compromise of size versus power and has all the features needed for "general" photography.

If you need the most power available, do a lot of studio shooting and other advanced photography the SB-900/910 would be a better choice. It is larger and heavier than the other two and is a LOT more expensive but has the most features. Probably its biggest advantage over the SB-700 is it can control three wireless groups where the SB-700 can control only two.

Jerry

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic What flash for my D7000? [View all] , kshapero Gold Member , Wed 26-Dec-12 11:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: What flash for my D7000?