Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Can I use a SB-800 as a Master and a SB-80DX as a slave...

MEMcD

US
31629 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Can I use a SB-800 as a Master and a SB-80DX as a slave?"

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007
Thu 06-Dec-12 06:05 AM

Hi George,

Yes! If you have the Master Speedlight set in Commander mode, the pre-flash sequence will fire the remotes in SU-4 mode before the shutter opens.
The Speedlight that you use as the Commander must also be set in Manual flash mode.

You could have the Built in Speedlight (set in Manual flash mode) to trigger both the SB-700 and SB-900 (both set in SU-4 mode), the SB-600 (set in Manual mode and in the hotshoe of an SU-4), and the SB-80DX (set in Wireless Slave mode).

You could also use the SB-600 on camera set in Manual flash mode to optically trigger the other Speedlights as discribed above.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

A topic tagged as having a question Can I use a SB-800 as a Master and a SB-80DX as a slave... [View all] , NikonMark37814 , Wed 05-Dec-12 01:04 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Can I use a SB-800 as a Master and a SB-80DX as a s...