Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the hots...

chanrahan

Baltimore, US
184 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the hotshoe"

chanrahan Silver Member Nikonian since 31st May 2004
Wed 14-Nov-12 05:03 AM | edited Wed 14-Nov-12 05:05 AM by chanrahan

Hello and thanks for your response!

What I'm getting at with this question is how will the D800 behave if it is set to Commander Mode, but with an SB-800 attached? For example, let's say that I leave my D800 in Commander mode, and then the next day, forgetting that it is still in Commander Mode, I mount an SB-800 on the D800, set the SB-800 for TTL, and shoot. Will the D800 fire the SB-800 as a TTL flash, or will it treat the SB-800 as a master flash, just as it would the pop-up flash? Or will it do neither and simply not fire the SB-800 at all?

In other words, if I mount a flash on the hot shoe, and place that flash in TTL or TTL-BL mode, do I need to make sure that the D800 is set for TTL in the menu? Or is it smart enough to use TTL whenever a the pop-up flash is folded down and another flash is in the hot shoe?

I'm stating this clearly...

Chris

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the hots... [View all] , chanrahan Silver Member , Tue 13-Nov-12 11:07 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D800 Behavior in Commander Mode with SB-800 in the ...