Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Is TTL not the best setting?

Cerulean

La Paz, BO
287 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Is TTL not the best setting?"

Cerulean Silver Member Nikonian since 19th Oct 2009
Sat 10-Nov-12 10:21 AM

I usually turn the flash way down so it acts as micro fill light and try and get someone to hold it from way back so the colors are saturated and the the mood isn't changed. I actually set the flash in one of these pics on a bar with a bottle in front as a diffuser. These are just one of those shots you get when you get lucky, when the mood is just right. But I must add that I am a post processing junkie. At least in my part of the world (Bolivia) you don't have to ask for permission to photograph someone. Thankfully we still don't have those problems. Plus people have gotten used to me packing a camera lots of the time.
My D3s is a great camera, but lately I have been playing with a Leica for it's unobtrusiveness. I just can't break the confidence barrier with it yet and it has disastrous noise low light.

“ Your first 10000 photographs are your worst." – Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic Is TTL not the best setting? [View all] , Cerulean Silver Member , Fri 09-Nov-12 04:05 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Is TTL not the best setting?