Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Sb-28 vs Sb-50.. any thoughts?

"Experience with: Sb-28 vs Sb-50"

Wed 05-Sep-01 12:34 AM

I have an N80. I bought the SB50DX. I shot 3 rolls of film and also played with its' built in slave feature. I shot with my Tamron 28-200XR and also one roll at night with a 50mm 1.8f (which is a pretty fast lens). I was not happy with the results. I am sure that is due partly to my own inability to get the most of out my equipment (being somewhat of a beginner), but people were not properly iluminated that were 15 feet away. I returned the SB50 and bought the SB28 (and the SU4) after just a few rolls with the SB28 I can clearly see the difference in the power of the flash, not only in the subject (people) but in the eveness of overall lighting too.
I did not have great luck using the SB28 as a slave with the SU4 so far- if you want to read more about that, it was in a previous thread (which I never got a good reason for why the TTL did not work properly)
Also I am a firm beliver that its more knowing how to use it than what you are using. I have lots to learn .. .. ..

A general, generic topic Sb-28 vs Sb-50.. any thoughts? [View all] , bowmah , Fri 31-Aug-01 05:34 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Sb-28 vs Sb-50.. any thoughts?
                              Reply message Thansk everyone for your input! (nt)
                                   Reply message RE: Thansk everyone for your input! (nt)
Reply message Experience with: Sb-28 vs Sb-50