Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I have a coolpix quality question;

grnzbra

Springfield, US
416 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: I have a coolpix quality question;"

grnzbra Silver Member Nikonian since 28th Sep 2011
Mon 01-Jul-13 03:46 PM

There are only two downsides that I can think of when using highest quality settings, both of which have to do with file size. If you have only one small memory card, you may find yourself limited to the number of pix when the shot of shots presents itself just after you've filled up your memory card.

Also, if, like me, you do a lot of continuous shooting, your buffer memory will fill up sooner and then you have to wait for the buffer to clear out (which will take longer because it has more to write) before you can continue firing 4 frames per second (or whatever the rate of continuous fire is for your camera).

If I found myself with this problem, I'd get a bigger, faster memory card (or two or three) rather than reduce the picture quality.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic I have a coolpix quality question; [View all] , Larry E30 Silver Member Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014 , Wed 08-May-13 01:12 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I have a coolpix quality question;