Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Time for a new battery on D60?

blw

Richmond, US
28561 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: Time for a new battery on D60?"

blw Moderator Awarded for his high level of expertise in various areas Nikonian since 18th Jun 2004
Mon 02-Jul-12 11:27 AM

> D3100 and I took 22,000 photos last year, and even more than that this year

You're a good candidate for a more durable body, then. I think the D3100 has a design life of 100,000 cycles, and it sounds to me as if you're likely to actually exceed that. Nothing wrong with that - but you obviously depend on the camera to work, and you depend on it often. Your usage rate is in the vicinity of most pros that I know that aren't specializing in sports, and exceeds the vast majority of amateurs. You needn't be in a rush, but when you do upgrade, you should consider the bodies that have design life of 150k, 300k and 400k cycles. They're expensive, but they will likely be less expensive in the end as you seem to be on a path to rely on the cameras more rather than less.

_____
Brian... a bicoastal Nikonian and Team Member

My gallery is online. Comments and critique welcomed any time!

A general, generic topic Time for a new battery on D60? [View all] , BillinBoston , Mon 25-Jun-12 02:16 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Time for a new battery on D60?