Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Stupid lens on D60? (500mm Cad)

SMMAssociates

US
13 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: Stupid lens on D60? (500mm Cad)"

SMMAssociates Registered since 28th Aug 2011
Sun 28-Aug-11 04:53 PM

aolander:

Thanks....

(Now you tell me - I gave my daughter's girlfriend the Luna Pro, too.... )

Kinda what I figured.... Seems stupid that the camera can't do match-needle with a non-CPU lens, though - just set the aperture somehow, and flip through the shutter speeds. The meter is still there....

Oh well, it'll work on the N6006, and Kodak is still making some films. (My usual camera shop will do direct-to-CD processing at a reasonable price.) Now I just have to remember where I put the N6006, and maybe put a battery in it. (No idea how old the battery is.)

(Also, one of the great things about a digital camera is that it can auto-adjust things like ASA settings for you. Kinda "work no matter what" given ordinary daylight use. I really have to try that.)

About the tripod: What I was referring to was taking several hands to set the shutter speed and/or aperture using the top-panel controls (and the locks!) on the N4004. I was always afraid I'd drop the fool thing trying to release a lock.... I think they just didn't want me to do that .... Mostly, though, it kick-started me into the Nikon realm. I'd used a Nikkormat some years back - belonged to a cousin - but just didn't see any advantage over the Pentax SPIIa. When I decided to get a new camera, I really didn't expect anything to work with it, so a Nikon was worth looking at.

(Almost bought an F4 about the time I swapped for the N6006 - one of those "if you pick it up, you'll buy it" things, but the wife wanted food instead . I'm not really sorry, but probably should have kicked it up a notch when I bought the D60. I think the D300 was the better choice, but "cheap" won out.)

The nice thing about the N4004, though, was that the lenses & such all fit the N6006, and by swapping the body and normal lens (I probably should have kept that), I only needed a few bucks to make the upgrade. The short zoom I'd already picked up worked fine as a normal lens, and the long zoom just worked.... Stupid flash worked, too - the Devil made me by that one. Can't think of the name, but the flash tube housing is cylindrical. No decent accessories fit except for that "sock" thing that Porters sells. (Diffusers, etc.)

(Didn't make that mistake with the D60 - can't think of that model, either, but things like that fit it .)

And, way off topic, the "Puffer" really works well on the built-in flash for ordinary use.

As you're guessing, mostly it's the great-nieces and nephews, the kid, and the menagerie, lately. Once in a while I get itchy and go find a bridge or something. I found one the other day, but the camera wasn't with me - gotta go back. (I like the "underside of a bridge" stuff, as well as some "rarely visited oddities". Locally, there are a couple of little dams on Mill Creek that nobody really seems to know about anymore.)

Thanks!

Stu.

Why just a quick note when you can write a novel?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

This is a hot, active topic! Stupid lens on D60? (500mm Cad) [View all] , SMMAssociates , Sun 28-Aug-11 05:56 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Stupid lens on D60? (500mm Cad)