Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

First SLR purchase, D90 body. Did I do good?

Rassie

Milton, CA
4274 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: First SLR purchase, D90 body. Did I do good?"

Rassie Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Jan 2006
Thu 07-Feb-13 01:43 PM

The D90 is a great camera that is capable of making very nice pictures. If it's in mechanically good condition, with 20k shutter actuations, I think you did well price-wise.

All I could suggest to check for full working order is to take pictures in the various modes. Test the manual modes, aperture-priority, shutter-priority, full auto, program modes, etc. If all work well, then I guess the camera is OK. You could also check for obvious dust bunnies on the sensor. Shoot a clean, blank white wall at small aperture, say F/16 or such. Don't worry about achieving proper focus on the wall. Then view the picture at 100% view on a monitor and see if there are any spots showing up in the image. Dust bunnies are easy to get rid of - there are many posts on this forum about sensor cleaning.

I can't speak for the lens, but I would guess that particular lens is probably one of the better lenses so you should get good images from it. Look for reviews on the lens on the internet.

Regards

My Nikonians gallery

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic First SLR purchase, D90 body. Did I do good? [View all] , fino831 , Thu 07-Feb-13 02:50 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: First SLR purchase, D90 body. Did I do good?