Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Floridian

Tallahassee, Florida, US
2937 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: !8-200MM Lens"

Floridian Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Feb 2007
Sun 02-Sep-12 09:57 AM

I've used the Kenko 1.4x teleconverter on the 18-200 with no problems. It seemed to autofocus OK, and image quality seemed good. I haven't put the combo to much use because I have longer lenses. I just tried it to see how it worked and it seemed useable.

On lenses I actually have used the Kenko on more (55-300 and 80-400) I have found that the lenses will autofocus without problems in good sunlight, but even in overcast daylight conditions autofocus becomes iffy. So, I'd expect the same with the 18-200.

Overall my view is that on slower lenses a teleconverter is an inexpensive way to get more reach if you need it, but not as good as having a longer lens. The 55-300 is just a bit more expensive than the Kenko teleconverter, but a much better way to get that extra reach.

Randy

A general, generic topic !8-200MM Lens [View all] , micolhart Silver Member , Sat 01-Sep-12 06:22 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: !8-200MM Lens