Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 backfocus with primes

alubchenko

UA
6 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D90 backfocus with primes"

alubchenko Registered since 01st Nov 2012
Tue 20-Nov-12 12:06 PM

Hi all!

verdict, it's good you solved it yourself. I had the same experience with 2 D90 bodies, which had backfocus on fast lenses. Interested in how many bodies has this problem. When I used a kit 18-105 vr Nikkor lens i couldn't notice any backfocus probles, 'cos of small maximum apperture (3,5), so i found out backfocus problems when swithed to 50mm 1.4D Nikkor.
I had terrible feelings about my new lens, because when i used it wide opened i had all shots out of focus... After some days of googling i solved the problem the same way you discribed above, but i'm still curious if Nikon tunes DX bodies focus for DX lenses or I just couldn't see backfocus problems in apperture set to 3,5 and smaller? May be the problem is obvious only on fast lenses?

Thanks.

A general, generic topic D90 backfocus with primes [View all] , verdict , Tue 28-Aug-12 10:48 AM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 backfocus with primes