Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

infrared photography question!

bbjavelina

angleton, US
104 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: infrared photography question!"

bbjavelina Registered since 22nd Jun 2008
Thu 12-Jul-12 09:34 PM

I'm not clear here that we are all on the same page, so help me out, please.

There are IR filters that you put on the lens. More or less blocks visible light and lets the IR thru. Your need to compose and focus before installing the filter. Exposure times are extended. I've read that D90's work very poorly at that. Not sure about the 40, but did ask a few years ago and told it was a very poor choice. Has to do with the (hi or lo pass) filter built in --- which can be removed, I'm told.

Then there's that internal filter, mentioned above, which needs to be removed for normal IR work. Pretty much rendering the camera useless for normal work.

I know I'm missing something here, so please help me. This is something I've wanted to do for awhile.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic infrared photography question! [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member , Wed 11-Jul-12 04:37 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: infrared photography question!