Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

another sort of strange question

michaelhager

Fountain Inn, US
2284 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM

"RE: another sort of strange question"

michaelhager Gold Member Nikonian since 15th Feb 2007
Thu 07-Jun-12 02:03 PM

For whatever reasons, there is value associated with a signature on any artwork.

Whether you are "somebody" or not, potential buyers of your photographs perceive that there is a higher value with a real signature. They don't know if you are "somebody" or not, so just in case you might be, they will be more likely to pull out their wallets for your print over the one next to it without a signature. This, of course will increase the possibility that your prints will sell and isn't that what you really want?

Secondly, as you sell more prints and more people see them and word of mouth spreads, people will go looking for prints that can be verified to be your originals by your signature so after awhile you will start to become "somebody" and eventually when you ARE "somebody" those little prints will be worth a lot more than what they originally paid for them.

Then you can make bigger prints with your signature and sell them for a lot more than you can today and retire a rich "somebody" in high demand and I can claim I once gave a very famous "somebody" strategic advice when they were first starting out and get my picture in People Magazine!

C. Michael Hager
Your most important piece of photo equipment is built into your face.
www.cmhager.com/Content/photo.shtml

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

A general, generic topic another sort of strange question [View all] , pasknucklehead Silver Member , Wed 06-Jun-12 03:27 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: another sort of strange question