Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

English German French

Home Forums Articles Galleries Recent Photos Contest Help Search News Workshops Shop Upgrade Membership Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

D90 and a bad GPS port

pixures

US
479 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author

"RE: D90 and a bad GPS port"

pixures Silver Member Nikonian since 24th Feb 2009
Fri 18-May-12 12:36 PM

I also have a D90 with a faulty GPS port. And, like you searched the net about this failure and agree it seems to be a common problem. I contacted Nikon support as well as the head of customer service. Nikon denies a problem, hiding behind the belief that since Nikon has not published a service bulletin, therefore no common problem exists. Needless to say, I found their response to be shallow. It's like an ostrich putting its head in the sand and pretending danger is not present.

As I understand it, the main circuit board contains the GPS port as an "appendage" and needs to be replaced. The estimates from a well regarded Nikon authorized repair shop and local repair shops are all in the range of $275-$300.

Perhaps Nikon needs to hear from all owners of Nikon cameras that have faulty GPS ports.

Bill N
www.images-captured.com
"Like" on Facebook
My Nikonians Gallery

A general, generic topic D90 and a bad GPS port [View all] , kelmon Silver Member , Thu 17-May-12 12:18 PM
Subject
ID
Reply message RE: D90 and a bad GPS port